Yesterday I decided to redo my website... AGAIN.
I just wasn't happy with the integration that my other layout provided me. I had to click all these different links to find out basic information. I couldn't figure out how to make it so twitter updates could feed right to the site and still look decent. I wanted something more streamlined. I wanted something that had a blog as the main feature so I could deliver tasty morsels of information right away instead of making people click around to find them. I know it's only a few extra seconds to click a link and then load a new page, but this is 2010, we just can't wait that long!
What you are visiting now is the new face of walkerjanelle.com. It has everything the old site had, all in one place, without the lengthy load times thanks to CSS. I like it a lot better, and I think you will too! I've even added an RSS feed from MusicianWages.com so you can see what David and company are writing about over there. It really is an invaluable resource once you dive into their forums and archives. If you are a working musician, subscribe to their blog, you won't regret it.
One thing that I picked up from MW.com was a great new resume layout/design (read David's article here) I thought I would share that with you all.
Check it out! My favorite thing is the time-line in the "experience" section, and the "skill set" graph. The "skill set" graph makes me feel like I am a character in some sort of crazy RPG game, and I need to gain experience to level up those pesky traits.
For those seeking a copy of this resume, I created a tab at the top of this site that lets you download the resume directly from Google docs. If you are a musician and you don't know how to use Google docs, contacts, or any other service that lets you access and share information/files from any computer, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. Learn to use these modern internet tools, they can only help you out.
Over in Lakewood we are in our final weekend of the musical GYPSY. It has been a great run, with a great cast/crew/orchestra, but I am ready for the next great adventure!
Speaking of... 8 days till I leave for the Caribbean/Bahamas as a musician for Carnival Cruise Lines!

9:06 AM
Walker Janelle
Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment