Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

5.13.2011

Rudiments!

Yesterday was one of the most dreary, wet, cold and rainy days in Juneau since I've been back after finishing my contract on Carnival Cruise Lines. I was missing the heat and the sun of the bahamas, and watching copious amounts of Arrested Development and Archer. It was such a lame day... but then it came to me: RUDIMENTS! I decided it would be fun and educational
(plus it would give me something do) to make a short little video series featuring the drum rudiments every drummer should know and love. So, without further ado, I give you my weekly series featuring the original 26 standard American Drum Rudiments! I'll be going through 5 or more rudiments every week, just playing them open-closed-open. Now, some folks might furrow their brow and say: "Wait a minute Walker. What about the PAS (Percussive Arts Society) and their 40 rudiments?" Don't worry, I haven't forgotten. Looking over audition materials for different groups I've learned that it is a good idea for every drummer who wants a gig to have video of them performing the 40 PAS Rudiments. That's why after the completion of the orignal 26, I'm going to expand and do videos that fill in the now standard 40 PAS Rudiments. I expect this to be a useful tool to me for audition material, and education for myself and others. Enjoy!

The first video in the series can be found on the "video" page HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment